Publish Date: 2017/04/17
Demands of prisoners who went on hunger strike
RAMALLAH, April 17, 2017 (WAFA) – Following are the demands of the prisoners
who started an open-ended hunger strike as of Monday. The demands were
announced by Marwan Barghouti, leader of the strike:
1. Installing a public telephone for Palestinian detainees in all prisons
and sections in order to communicate with their families.
c. No relative of the first and second level shall be prevented from
visiting the detainee.
3. The medical file:
f. Releasing sick detainees, especially those who have disabilities and
4. Responding to the needs and demands of Palestinian women detainees,
whether by special transport or direct meeting without a barrier during the
6. Add satellite channels that suit the needs of detainees.
7. Install air conditioner in prisons, especially in the prisons of Megiddo
8. Restore the kitchens to all prisons and place them under the supervision
of Palestinian detainees.
9. Allow them to have books, newspapers, clothes and food.
10. Ending the policy of solitary confinement.
11. Ending the policy of administrative detention.
12. Allow them to study at the Hebrew Open University.
13. Allow detainees to take the Tawjihi matriculation exams in an official
and agreed manner.