Weekly Commentary: Chutzpadik Questions For Saudis, Americans, Deeri, Israel
Dr. Aaron Lerner 20 January, 2023
Here are some of my chutzpadik and not so chutzpadik questions:
1. "Pikuach mamon doche...": Is Aryeh Deri willing to forfeit the many
hundreds of millions of shekels his Shas party is slated to receive WITHOUT
OVERSIGHT if he pulls out of the coalition government?
2. If Israel annexed the Jordan Valley this morning and then offered the
Saudis not to continue with additional annexations in exchange for
diplomatic recognition, wouldn't this be "the mother of all concessions" for
the Saudis to justify recognizing the Jewish State?
3. Why do American officials express concern about the number of Arabs who
died while trying to murder Israeli?
4. How can America insist Israel turn a blind eye to security concerns
regarding Palestinians who happen to hold American passports when many
Israelis who were born in Iran, including former Chief of Staff Shaul Mofaz,
experienced difficulties in receiving visas at the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv,
and even those who were granted visas faced the risk of finding themselves
barred from entry upon arrival in the U.S.?
5. The War Reserve Stockpile Ammunition-Israel (WRSA-I) is a strategic
reserve of ammunition and other military equipment stored by the United
States in Israel for the use of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) in case of
war or other emergency situations. Israel has drawn from this stockpile on
numerous occasions. When, months ago, the United States pulled the
ammunition out of WRSA-I to send to the Ukrainians, did the Israeli Ministry
of Defense immediately place an order for made in Israel ammunition of a
similar quantity so that the Jewish State wouldn't find itself empty handed
in an emergency?
6. Will some components or subcomponents of the Iron Beam units serving
Israel's own needs be manufactured in the United States as a result of
Rafael's collaboration with Lockheed Martin?
7. Regardless of Rafael's collaboration with Lockheed Martin, will the Iron
Beam units serving Israel's own needs rely on components or subcomponents
made in the United States?
IMRA - Independent Media Review and Analysis
Since 1992 providing news and analysis on the Middle East with a focus on